Well, a new month has begun. 2019 is going FAST. I can't even wrap my head around the fact that the new year we just celebrated is now over half done. But despite its rapid nature, there are some things to look forward to this summer and in July especially. Here are a few things that you can wait patiently for this month.
1. Amazon Prime Dayiscoming up . . .and it'stwo days now, on July 15th and 16th.
2. Some big movies hit theaters this month: "Spider-Man: Far From Home"opens tomorrow. The live-action"Lion King"comes out July 19th. AndQuentin Tarantino'snew movie,"Once Upon a Time in Hollywood"opens July 26th.
3. The third season of"Stranger Things"hits Netflix this Thursday. And two other big showscome backon July 26th: "Veronica Mars", and the final season of"Orange Is the New Black". Also, July 21st is the 50th anniversary ofNeil Armstrong'smoon-walk, so there are a bunch of specials. And "Shark Week"startsJuly 28th.
4. In sports: Wimbledongetsstarted today . . . theU.S. Women's Soccerteam takes on England in the World Cup semi-final tomorrow . . .MLB All-Starweek kicks offnextMonday . . . the2019 ESPYsare July 10th . . . andBritish Open coveragestarts July 14th.
5. And finally, the holidays: The big one is the Fourth of July this Thursday. But there are a few other holidays where you might be able to score free food:
Free Slurpee Day at 7-Eleven isJuly 11th. . . National French Fry Day isJuly 13th. . . National Hot Dog Day isJuly 17th. . . and National Ice Cream Day isJuly 21st.