Father’s Day is Sunday, if you haven’t gotten dad a gift yet, you’re in luck. It seems what most dads really want you can’t actually find in a store.
A poll finds the top gift a dad wants for Father's Day this year is a simple phone call from their child (47%).Other gifts do cost some money though, with a steak dinner the second-most desired gift (41%), although almost equally popular is simple peace and quiet (38%).
Other gifts dad wants for Father’s Day this year include:
- Taking in a ball game with the family (38%)
- An ice cold beer or two (35%)
- A cheaper, practical gift (socks, tie, etc.) (35%)
- Glass of wine (34%)
- Watch whatever I want on TV (34%)
- Glass of whiskey (29%)
- A physical, expensive gift (apple watch, etc.) (29%)
And while Mother’s Day may seem to get more hype than Father's Day, dads still appreciate having a day that's all about them. In fact, the poll finds that 57% of dads say Father’s Day is their favorite day of the year!