The Fox Presents...An Evening with Foreigner and The Dave Eggar Orchestra in at the Chester Fritz Auditorium on Monday, April 2nd, 2018
Tickets on sale Friday, December 1st at 10am at ticketmaster.com, jadepresents.com or at the Chester Fritz box office!
Win your tickets with the Fox!!!
Click the picture below for an example of a choir and Foreigner.
Foreigner and the Fox would like to have a local high school choir, not to number more than 25 kids, sing with the band on their classic hit, I Want to Know What Love Is, onstage with the band the night of the show.
The Fox is requesting that local area high school choirs send the station a link to a video of the choir performing one Foreigner song on Youtube. The submitted song can be a snippet or a full-length version of the Foreigner song with the link emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fox will post the choir video links to the 961thefox.com web page and Facebook page and encourage their listeners to go to these pages and tell us what choir they’d like to see perform with Foreigner.
Foreigner been doing this promotion and using choir at our North American shows for the past eight years. Every year it has grown in popularity and gotten more successful each successive year.
Foreigner donates $500.00 to the choir for appearing with us to use as they see fit for their choir program.
Foreigner will have the choir, along with the choir director and five adult chaperones; sell a Foreigner CD to concertgoers before the show.
The proceeds from the choir’s CD sales are donated by Foreigner to the Grammy Foundation, whose charity initiative includes fundraising for high schools whose music programs have been adversely affected by budget cuts, which, these days, is pretty much nationwide, unfortunately. Everyone who buys a CD also receives a raffle ticket. After the show, we hold a raffle where the person with the winning raffle ticket wins a guitar signed by the band.
CONTEST/PRIZE DESCRIPTION: 96.1 The Fox is giving your high school choir a chance to sing “I Want To Know What Love Is” on stage with Foreigner.
• Greater Grand Forks Area high school choir (up to 25 members) will be selected to perform on stage with Foreigner during their Monday, April 2nd, 2018 concert at the Chester Fritz Auditorium. The winning choir will also receive a $500 donation from Foreigner.
• This contest is open to all HIGH SCHOOL CHOIRS, public and private up to 25 members, in the Greater Grand Forks area. In order for your choir to be considered you must do the following:
1. Upload a video to You Tube of your choir (or the 25 selected members if you choir is over 25 members total) performing either a portion of or a complete Foreigner song. Then email the link to KQHT_FM at email@example.com.
2. All the performers in your video must be eligible and available to perform with Foreigner on Monday, April 2nd, 2018 and cannot exceed 25 participants. The participants in the video must be the one who will, if selected, perform with Foreigner
3. Additionally, provide KQHT-FM (The Fox) with the name of your High School, choir name and contact information of your Choir Director, including work phone number and email.
4. Submissions must be received by 11:59 pm Friday, March 16th 2018.
• All videos will be posted on the KQHT-FM website at http://961thefox.com. KQHT-FM listeners will be invited to call and vote for their favorite video. Voting will run until March 16th, 2018. Choir members are encouraged to invite their friends and family members to vote for their choir. One vote per person will be permitted. The choir who will be selected by votes and the special on air panel selected by The Fox.
• If your choir is selected:
1. Your choir (up to 25 members) will perform Foreigner’s classic hit “I Want To Know What Love Is” on stage with the band on Monday, April 2nd, 2018, at the Chester Fritz Auditorium on the University Of North Dakota campus. The specific time will be determined by the band and their management
2. Your choir will receive a $500 donation from Foreigner to help support the music program in your school.
3. Your choir director will be contacted by Foreigner’s management directly to finalize everything they need to know about the appearance
• The selected choir must:
1. Be a High School choir, meaning all participants must currently be enrolled in either the 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade (or a combination there of) in the Greater Grand Forks Area. The school may be either private or public.
2. Be available to perform on Monday, April 2nd, 2018, at the Chester Fritz Auditorium in Grand Forks, ND.
3. Not exceed 25 participants
4. Provide 5 adult chaperones the night of the performance
5. Be available to sell Foreigner CDs at the Chester Fritz Auditorium on Monday, April 2nd, 2018 before AND after the concert. A portion of the proceeds of the CD sales will be donated by Foreigner to the Grammy Foundation, whose charity initiative includes fundraising for high schools whose music programs have been adversely affected by budget cuts.
• NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
• Prize is non-transferable.
• All contestants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that Iheart Media has a right to publicize, or broadcast the winner's name, character, likeness, voice, video or all matters incidental herein.
• Additions or deletions to these rules may be made at the discretion of Iheart Media, and may be enacted at any time.
• Iheart Media reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend or terminate this contest should causes beyond the control of Iheart Media corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the contest
• Iheart Media is not responsible for entries or votes not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technical difficulties.
• Iheart Media is not responsible for (or changes to) the policy and procedures of the Chester Fritz Auditorium, the band Foreigner or its management.
• Iheart Media is not responsible for concert cancellation or postponement for any reason
• Iheart Media assumes no responsibility for injuries, accidents or illnesses incurred as a result of this contest
In the event that any winner fails to meet the eligibility requirements as set forth, at the discretion of Iheart Media, an alternate winner may be selected.
ODDS OF WINNING:
Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received for the contest.
Complete contest rules, dates, and prize description are available to the public during regular business hours at the offices of Iheart Media, 505 University Avenue, Grand Forks, ND 58203 or www.961thefox.com
Minto High's submission!
Central High Madrigal Singers
East Grand Forks Pop Singers
Valley Memorial Homes intergenerational rock band